Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Hello my name is Andrew Bismack.  I'm a 18 year old male who lives with his wonderful family and dog in Rochester Hills.  I work four days a week and attend school at Oakland University.  My hobbies include tennis, snowboarding, larping, video games, and being a stereotypical closet nerd.  I'm doing this experiment because I am honestly curious what being a mute person would be like.  Perhaps through understanding their daily struggles I can help be a voice for their issues.  My experiment is going to be that I will not speak and instead use a notebook for my thoughts, just as a mute person would.  I will enact this experiment anytime I am on Oakland Universities campus for that specific week.  I will also choose one day (probably one where I don't work so I don't get fired) where for the entire day I will be a mute person.  In truth I think at school it won't be that difficult because I could simply not talk, but I think during the one full day I might go crazy without being able to talk.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is quite a wild idea, but a good one and a lot different than the usual idea of change of diet that most students are doing. I really am looking forward to seeing how this is going to go and to give up something like talking will be challenging. This idea is also really cool because other people will be able to experience it as well. I know that I could not do this so I give you props for the cool idea and wish you the best of luck in such a different and difficult task!

    ReplyDelete